Monday, April 9, 2012

A Day to Keep

This morning was the kind of time with my friends (big and little) that I wish I could bottle and keep forever. After Easter’s craziness (houseguests, food sensitivities, and schedule-wrecking activities) it’s just so wonderful to get back in to our regular routine.  The three 2-year-olds girlfriends were tickled to be together again. They fought, laughed, danced, shared, snatched, and played together as they always do. Little LL and Katie (RR's mommy) were great company as well.
 I introduced the toddlers to use of a mortar and pestle to grind eggshells for the garden. The girls did a beautiful job of crushing, counting, sharing, and then feeding the plants. They were colored eggshells so the garden beds are especially festive now.
The weather couldn’t BE more beautiful and the girls brought baskets and plastic eggs outside to reenact the fun of the egg-hunts. They are getting so big and learning so much these days. I see the way they talk to each other and cooperate and I am amazed.
We read good books and spent lazy moments together on the futon watching a video. We sat at the lunch table and enjoyed favorite healthy foods and had fun listening to music, talking and just being together. We had our customary dance (for one song) after lunch.
After lunch, RR’s mommy Katie, went to take care of 8 and ½ month old LL who’d just woken up, as the big girls went down for nap. I rocked RR and BB “for two songs” together on my lap. They would catch each others’ eyes and just bust out laughing. They reminded me so much of my girlfriends and me when I was younger that I teared up a little. After dozens of “I love you”’s and “Sweet dreams” the girls went to sleep, Katie went home, and I got on with the important task of 1 on 1 LL time. I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment