Wednesday, May 18, 2011

They Are Totally Worth It!



I spent my morning sitting next to the new trampoline's zipper-door singing the same song over and over with heartfelt enthusiasm…..

To the tune of “Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush”

We ON-LY jump
when the ZIPper’s ZIPPED!
We ON-LY jump
when the ZIPper’s ZIPPED!
We ON-LY jump
when the ZIPper’s ZIPPED!
So we can be SAFE!

Letting the kids get into it when they are not strictly taking turns jumping, but rather just to sit and play, watch Blue’s Clue’s, or just hang out in there IS a lot more trouble for me to manage, but it’s such a cool place to play – how can I NOT let them?

Teaching anything is so much easier when you start out clear and consistent on procedure (a ‘la Harry Wong’s First Days of School book). I have faith that my short friends will “get it” and we will have many, many happy bouncy times together, learning to cooperate and take turns as well as many other lessons.



P.S. 2 outta 4 of them had a BLAST jumping on the "JUMP-A-LENE" -with the zipper zipped, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment