Friday, February 10, 2012

I am a toddler.

I can dump it out- but not put it back in.

I can open it- but not close it.

I can dirty it- but not clean it.

“Help me do it ALL BY MYSELF!” is my insistent battle cry!

I want what I want when I want it, and all I understand is that I am not getting it.

I am emotionally incontinent, loud and demanding.

There are things I want to tell you, but I lack the words, the patience, and the social awareness to know how.

What do you mean, “Hitting hurts people?” I do it all the time and it never hurts me!

I am egocentric and haven’t learned about others’ perspectives. “How would you like it if he did it to YOU?” means nothing to me.

This transitioning to independence is HARD. I say, “Go away I am not a baby!” and “Please come here, I need you!” in the same breath.

I am clumsy, exuberant, energetic, and a mess!

What do you mean it’s a good thing I am so adorable?

Believe it or not, someday you will wish for these crazy, crowded, exhausting days back again.

I am a toddler, but not forever…..

Someday I’ll be an adolescent.

No comments:

Post a Comment