Tuesday, March 8, 2011

See me see you seeing me....

As I go about my tasks in the kitchen, whether cooking, loading/unloading the dishwasher, or whatever, I am blessed to have a cute little inspector who comes in to check on me periodically.  I'll notice that the happy sounds and electronic sounds of her playing in the playroom have ceased and start in that direction to check on her, only to find her on her way into the kitchen to check on me (maybe because she noticed that I got quiet for a moment, who knows).

She often brings what she's playing with and shows me, or wants me to interact in some way. For example her much-loved, "Dog-Dog" has wanted LOTS of smootches from me lately. She just learned to say, "Hah-ay, Mah-MEE!" as she finds me and she always repeats this each time as it gets such an enthusiastic, smiling, "HI BABY!" right back from me. How can I not smile at that?

1 comment: