Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why "Sprinkles on Pumpkins" for a name?

     My amazing Daughter-in-Law inspired this title with a Picasa album she sent me. The picture was of her two boys (both toddler age) decorating their painted pumpkins by adding sprinkles (like cupcake sprinkles) on top. Her comment was along the lines of "Sprinkles make EVERYTHING better!"

 I love this philosophy and to me it means, "Why the heck NOT!" Life's too short and toddlerhood is so fast it's an absolute BLUR - so -

 why the heck NOT...
....stop and watch the squirrels frolic?
....let the toddler push the grocery cart?
....read 7 (or more) picture books in a row?
....sing another lullaby, and another, and another – while rocking, all you can?
....stop and point to every plane that goes past overhead, and then wave bye-bye?
....make up goofy songs to sing?
....laugh yourself silly at the best show in town (toddlers together)?
....blow kisses, give hugs, play peek-a-boo, surprise with tickles, and cuddle, cuddle, cuddle all you possibly can?
   .... Sprinkle Sprinkles on the Pumpkin? That means more goodness on top of super-fabulousness to me! I can't help but think that we are also blessed by a loving heavenly Father who abides by this same philosophy in how He views us, His own precious ones. I can think of two good examples of this, off the top of my head … Just look at the ways he designed for us humans to nourish ourselves, and to procreate! Sprinkles on the pumpkin, indeed! The “sprinkles” of life are a limited time offer. I want to pile them ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment